Friday, 1 April 2016

My blog one year on...

So, I only ever look at this blog once every blue moon when I'm feeling creative. I first wanted to make a blog years ago but could never think of the style I wanted or what sort of posts I was going to do, so I put it off for a long time. Then one day I thought I'd give it a go. I wrote one really cringey post about a holiday I went on, left it at that for months and then deleted it. A year ago, I decided I still wanted to start my blog up so I wrote a '10 facts about me' post to sort of introduce myself and, surprise surprise, I left it at that and now a year later I am back!

I can't really say that I figured out what kind of blog I want yet but I really want to keep it up. So today is another get to know me post and the rest will hopefully take care of it self. (Although I still haven't quite figured out how to use Blogger!)

I have over three years of experience in the makeup and beauty industry where I've worked on a makeup counter and also as a freelance makeup artist. In this time I have completed a BTEC National Level 2 Diploma in Hair And Media Makeup gaining distinctions throughout, covering all aspects of makeup application, hair styling, beauty and client care. I have undergone various training with my previous employer; Boots, such as how to provide excellent customer service, No7 training, learning about all aspects of the brand, makeup application and skincare consultations. As well as this, I have three years experience in all mandatory training such as fire safety and data protection. More recently I have done makeup training with Kimberley Makeup Studios LTD to keep up to date with current trends. In addition to this, I have also recently gained a qualification in manicure and acrylic nails.
As you can see, I have worked really hard for the last few years to succeed in this industry as makeup is my passion. It feels amazing to be in a job that is also my biggest hobby and to make people feel more confident about themselves is pretty good.
 
I think my next post is definitely going to be something makeup inspired :)
 
Kaya x

No comments:

Post a Comment